The Perfect Option

On Friday March 3, two people (independently) sent us this link: http://www.entrepreneur.com/startingabusiness/startupbasics/businessstructure/article205338.html. This article is all about a new option for those starting a business called L3C.  They call it "the for-profit with a nonprofit soul." There are only about 100 in the nation and 10 in Illinois, as it was just enacted into Illinois law in January, 2010. 

From the research I've done, the L3C option looks like the perfect option for Overflow. I'm going to be trying to make some connections with people who are experienced with L3C businesses and drafting out what Overflow would look like under this structure. 

If you're into this sort of thing, I recommend wikipedia's article.  I'd also love to talk with you more.  Drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails