10. Our location. Many aren't aware but behind-the-scenes there's been a renewed sense of working together with a few of our neighbors at 1550 S. State. One example is that we're now providing lunches for some students at Daystar School. The kids get healthy lunches and we get some increased revenue.
9. Our neighborhood. The South Loop continues to grow and nurture more and more businesses, which means more residents stay in the area and others come to the neighborhood. We're excited to see where the future takes all of us.
8. Our roaster. Ipsento continues to do a great job and roast quality tasting and ethical coffee. We love to drink it and are proud to serve it to you!
7. Our baker. Delightful Pastries keeps delivering excellent and ethical pastries. We love to eat the non-GMO wheat, real butter, easy sugar, and locally-grown ingredients. We might love it too much.
6. Cash. We're thankful when people use it to pay instead of plastic.
5. Our neighbor local, small businesses. There are too many to name but they give us places to go and "Eat, Drink, Buy Local!"
4. Our partners. We love the Greater South Loop Association and the Daystar Center and the added value they bring to Overflow!
3.Our team of baristas. "Teamwork makes the dreamwork." We're thankful for Justin, Mark, Dan, Caleb, David, and Dustin.*
2. Our customers. YOU are the life breath of Overflow. We wouldn't exist without YOU!
1. The magic that happens when customers, baristas, and our partners all work together, embracing their diversity and their similarities, to change the world one cup at a time. Let's call that magic "True Community."
*If you know any females with barista experience, we love to have more ladies on the team. ;-)