Julie and Julia

I just finished watching Julie and Julia.  I've wanted to watch it for awhile but Brandon never wanted to watch it with me.  Tonight, he's out so it's just me and the cat.  While not the best movie ever (and no one should expect it to be), I'm glad I watched it.  If nothing else, I get the chance to reflect on why I blog and about finding something your passionate about and making something out of it that changes the world (something Julia Child did with her book). 

In 2009, I got into a routine of writing on this blog every Monday (sometimes Tuesday).  I'm going to change things up a little for 2010.  I'm going to try to write more often.  If the purpose of this blog is to catch the story of our "entrepreneurial journey,"  I've only been catching the bits of it that I feel most comfortable with sharing in a businesslike manner.  Moving forward, I hope this blog it much more personal and share more deeply about the things I'm learning, struggling with and dreaming about as we continue on this journey of taking our passions (coffee, justice, social change, Jesus) and making something (Overflow Coffee Bar) that changes the world.

By the way, I'm definitely not looking to make a book or movie out of this blog in the future.  I know I'm not a talented writer or anything.  Just clarifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails