The 100th Fan on Facebook

We interviewed Sarah, the person who became the 100th Fan of Overflow Coffee Bar on Facebook.  Sarah is a mom and spends what free-time she has volunteering to help build community.  Here's what she had to say:

Overflow: Why did you become a fan of Overflow Coffee Bar?
Sarah:  I became a fan of Overflow Coffee Bar because I love what they are about! So many people are dying to feel like they are a part of a family/community. They need to feel like they aren't alone in the world. To be able to come to a place and sit and have a simple cup of coffee or tea and build relationships with the people there may be the very thing that keeps them keeping on!

Overflow: What is your dream for Overflow Coffee Bar?
Sarah: To see it be a place where people come in for coffee and leave feeling loved, cared for, needed, wanted. Way more than they bargained for!

Overflow: What's your favorite coffee or tea drink?
Sarah: I love mochas, yum chocolate and coffee in the same cup. What could be better than that.

Overflow: What's your passion? What keeps you up at night? What brings tears to your eyes?
Sarah: My passion is seeing people loved unconditionally. Watching someone who hasn't been loved and seeing their whole life change because they realize that someone loves them just the way they are is just amazing to me. Someone did that for me, so now I live to do that for others.

Overflow: What kind of art do you like to appreciate?
Sarah: I am the most non-artistic person on the planet. I am creatively challenged and I don't even really ever stop to look at art. BUT this past weekend for the first time I watched someone paint on a blank canvas and when they were done, I was amazed. Watching them create something out of nothing just spoke to me. It was like they were telling a story with each stroke. I was moved to tears as they painted and created this picture. I may not be able to create anything but I sure do get why people appreciate art now. So before this past weekend, I didn't appreciate art much at all, but now I think I will more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails